A statement from the organizing committee said that the points will be awarded for the matches that Ghana, Sudan and Madagascar were to play against the North African team in Group C.
Meanwhile, the Black Galaxies suffered a disappointing defeat against Madagascar in their opening match of the CHAN tournament on Sunday.
Their laziness at the back was made to pay as the West Africans succumbed to a 2-1 defeat against their opponents.
Two defensive mistakes by Solomampiona Koloina and Tokinantenaina Olivier allowed Madagascar to take a commanding lead before substitute Augustine Agyapong pulled one back for Ghana.
Read the organizing committee’s statement on the awarding of points below:
The organizing committee of the African Nations Championship regretted the absence of the Moroccan national team from the #5 match of Group C between Morocco and Sudan at its meeting in Algiers on 16 January 2023. The final tournament of CHAN2022.
The committee examined the reports of the judges and commissioners and applied the following articles of the competition rules, namely articles 83 and 84.
The committee decided:
• The Moroccan national team loses all its matches 3-0.
• Sudan, Ghana and Madagascar will get 3 points each from their matches against Morocco.
• At the end of the group stage, the 1st and 2nd ranked teams from Group C qualify for the next round of competition.
• Match #22: Sudan vs. Madagascar originally scheduled to be played in Oran has been moved to Constantine with no change in date and kick-off time.
• To submit the case to the CAF Disciplinary Committee for further examination.